Experienced Act 273 Attorneys
International Financial Center Regulatory Act (Act 273 of 2012)Call us today to schedule your initial consultation.
What is Act 273?
Act 273 of 2012 provides attractive tax exemptions to businesses engaged in eligible activities in Puerto Rico. To avail from such benefits, a business needs to become an International Financial Entity (IFE).
Act 273 of 2012 - International Financial Center Regulatory Act
- The capital stock shall be at least $5 million, and $250,000 must be completely paid at the time the license is issued; and
- The IFE shall employ at least 4 persons at its business office in Puerto Rico.
The incredible tax exemptions that Act 273 provides are the following:
- An attractive 100% exclusion of interest, financing charges or participation in partnerships benefits;
- An extraordinary 100% tax exemption on all real and personal property belonging to an IFE;
- An amazing 100% tax exemption on the payment of municipal license taxes;
- 6% fixed income tax rate on dividends and pro-rate share of benefits of the IFE for shareholders or partners that are residents of Puerto Rico; and
- A 4% fixed income tax rate.
To learn more about Act 273, contact us at (787) 641-8447 or use our contact form.
Puerto Rico - America's Last Tax Haven
Mr. Castellanos is personally supervising all legal and consulting work done by Castellanos Group, P.S.C., including but not limited to, client development and client communication, among other areas of the law, including all new investment tax exempt laws (including Act 273) in Puerto Rico. He’s available to our clients 24/7.
Mr. Castellanos’s diverse professional experience has entailed extensive work in the following areas of law: litigation, corporate law, arbitration and mediation, constitutional law, licensing agreements, entertainment law, franchise, intellectual property, construction, health care, copyright, trademark, distribution agreements, estate planning, asset protection, estates, construction agreements, patent related work, bankruptcy (Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 13, numerous adversary proceedings and contested matters, including jury trial rights in bankruptcy proceedings, security law and regulations and FINRA arbitration, administrative proceedings, among other fields of law.
For more information or an appointment please call us at (787) 641-8447 or use our contact form.
Alfredo Castellanos – LinkedIn Profile