Alfredo Castellanos was invited, for the seventh time, to be a judge for the Final Round of the 2014 Federal Bar Association Thurgood A. Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition.
The judges that will be presiding during the Final Round of the Moot Court Competition:
- The Honorable Scott W. Stucky, U.S. Court Judge for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- The Honorable Gustavo Gelpi, FBA President and U.S. District Court Judge for the District of Puerto Rico
- The Honorable Karoline Mehalchick, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Alfredo Castellanos, founder of Castellanos Group Law Firm
- G. Adam Ruther, Assistant State’s Attorney for Baltimore City (and this year’s Problem author)
Federal Bar Association Thurgood A. Marshall Memorial Moot Court Competition—one of the premier moot court competitions in the country. Every round of the competition is held at a courthouse in Washington, D.C., with the final round conducted at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces. Each year, the FBA has been privileged to have judges, scholars, and esteemed jurists serve as the competition judges. Through this competition, the FBA provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to network with federal practitioners, FBA members, and top law students.
This years competition will focus on written briefs as well as oral arguments. This year’s topic will address emerging issues in federal law. Arguments will be heard in Washington, D.C. in conjunction with the Federal Bar Association’s mid-year meeting. The final round will take place on Friday, March 28, 2014, at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 450 E Street, NW, Washington, DC.