Experienced Act 20 Attorneys
The Export Services Act (Act 20 of 2012)Call us today to schedule your initial consultation.
What is Act 20?
Act 20 of 2012 was enacted to promote the exportation of services by providing outstanding tax exemptions to businesses that establish and export their services in Puerto Rico.
Act 20 of 2012 - The Export Services Act
- An extraordinary 100% tax exemption on distributions from earnings and profits;
- 90% tax exemption from personal or real property taxes for certain types of businesses;
- A 60% tax exemption on municipal taxes. However, the business will benefit from a 90% tax exemption if it operates in the industrial development zone in the municipalities of Vieques and Culebra;
- A 4% fixed income tax rate; and
- 3% fixed income tax rate in the case of strategic services.
Act 20 also decreases operational spending for companies moving to Puerto Rico to help their operations remain profitable by providing the following tax incentives:
- An incredible 100% tax exemption on dividends or profit distributions;
- 100% exemption on property taxes; and
- A 4% corporate tax rate.
To learn more about Act 20, contact us at (787) 641-8447 or use our contact form.
Puerto Rico - America's Last Tax Haven
Mr. Castellanos is personally supervising all legal and consulting work done by Castellanos Group, P.S.C., including but not limited to, client development and client communication, among other areas of the law, including all new investment tax exempt laws (including Act 73) in Puerto Rico. He’s available to our clients 24/7.
Mr. Castellanos’s diverse professional experience has entailed extensive work in the following areas of law: litigation, corporate law, arbitration and mediation, constitutional law, licensing agreements, entertainment law, franchise, intellectual property, construction, health care, copyright, trademark, distribution agreements, estate planning, asset protection, estates, construction agreements, patent related work, bankruptcy (Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 13, numerous adversary proceedings and contested matters, including jury trial rights in bankruptcy proceedings, security law and regulations and FINRA arbitration, administrative proceedings, among other fields of law.
For more information or an appointment please call us at (787) 641-8447 or use our contact form.
Alfredo Castellanos – LinkedIn Profile